Symptoms of Dog Hypoglycemia
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Dog Hypoglycemia - General Canine Observations
When you are worried about your pet dogs or puppies it is wise to make general observations and a note of your dog's general well-being before considering a health issue and problem such as Dog Hypoglycemia . Overall physical condition? Mental attitude? Appetite? Condition of bowels and urinary apparatus? The nose of healthy dogs or puppies is moist and cool but in sick dogs it is usually hot and dry. Hair loss? Dry skin? Discharges? These general observations are useful to consider whilst checking out the symptoms of Dog Hypoglycemia .
Dogs that suffer from Diabetes Mellitus can develop this condition if they receive too much insulin. Hypoglycemia can also occur in animals suffering from Addison's Disease (the failure of the adrenal gland to produce the required hormones) and those suffering from Liver disease.
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Symptoms of Dog Hypoglycemia
Dog Hypoglycemia symptoms may include the following:
- Dog Hypoglycemia symptoms - Seizures
- Dog Hypoglycemia symptoms - Weakness
- Dog Hypoglycemia symptoms - Change in Behaviour
- Dog Hypoglycemia symptoms - Loss of Appetite
- Dog Hypoglycemia symptoms - Dilated Pupils
- Dog Hypoglycemia symptoms - Lethargy
- Dog Hypoglycemia symptoms - Slow Heartbeat
- Dog Hypoglycemia symptoms - Glassy Eyed
Treatment and Remedies - Canine Treatment of Dog Hypoglycemia
The remedies and treatment of Dog Hypoglycemia may include the treatment of dogs as follows:
- Canine Hypoglycemia treatment - It is important to have your dog examined by a veterinary surgeon to confirm a diagnosis of Hypoglycemia.
- A diagnosis usually begins with a full physical examination and medical history.
- Your canine health care professional will then need to take various blood tests in order to measure the concentration of blood glucose and to obtain a complete blood count.
- An ultrasound examination may be necessary to eliminate the possibility of a tumour causing the hypoglycemia symptoms.
- Canine Hypoglycemia treatment - If Hypoglycemia is diagnosed, regular treatment in the form of glucose administered orally or by injection to increase blood glucose concentration will be required. It is important to restore the blood glucose level to normal as soon as possible. S
- Canine Hypoglycemia treatment - ometimes Hypoglycemia can be caused by another condition, treatment may therefore be required for the secondary condition as well as additional glucose.
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health - Canine Insurance / Pet Health Insurance for Dog Hypoglycemia
Pet Insurance for Dog Hypoglycemia . Remember canine insurance / pet dogs health insurance for treatment of health and medical problems such as Dog Hypoglycemia . Unexpected visits to the vet and veterinary treatments for your dogs and puppies due to illnesses such as Dog Hypoglycemia can quickly add up so get quotes for canine health / pet insurance coverage for treatment due to accidents, treatment of illnesses, prescriptions, surgeries and possible hospitalization treatment for your dogs or puppy. Get the best deals for pet insurance from pet insurance comparison websites - make sure you get the best rates for canine health insurance to cover visits to the Vet for the diagnosis and treatment of unexpected ailments such as Dog Hypoglycemia .
Disclaimer - Dog Hypoglycemia Section of Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health Website
The sole purpose of the Dog Hypoglycemia section on the Dog Symptoms and Canine Health website is to act as a reference guide to provide useful information to the owners of dogs and puppies. This article on Dog Hypoglycemia is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat sick dogs or as a substitute for obtaining professional veterinary advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your Dog's Health, or problems associated with Dog Hypoglycemia , please consult your Canine Veterinary Specialist immediately for professional treatment. Your vet will diagnose whether Dog Hypoglycemia is the problem and prescribe appropriate medication and treatment.
Treatment and Symptoms of Dog Hypoglycemia
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health