Symptoms of Fleas
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Fleas - General Canine Observations
When you are worried about your pet dogs or puppies it is wise to make general observations and a note of your dog's general well-being before considering a health issue and problem such as Fleas. Overall physical condition? Mental attitude? Appetite? Condition of bowels and urinary apparatus? The nose of healthy dogs or puppies is moist and cool but in sick dogs it is usually hot and dry. Hair loss? Dry skin? Discharges? These general observations are useful to consider whilst checking out the symptoms of Fleas.
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Symptoms of Fleas
Fleas symptoms may include the following:
- Fleas symptoms - Itchy skin
- Fleas symptoms - Evidence of Flea Faeces which appear as small black spots on the dogs fur
- Fleas symptoms - Visible fleas particularly on the dogs lower back
Treatment and Remedies - Canine Treatment of Fleas
The remedies and treatment of Fleas may include the treatment of dogs as follows:
- Canine Fleas treatment - The control of Fleas is a two sided process - controlling the Fleas on a dog and controlling the environment - the yard and the kennel.
- Canine Fleas treatment - Remove leaves and clean brush from the yard. Spray insecticides over the area fortnightly.
- Canine Fleas treatment - Treat the dogs kennel with insecticide on a monthly basis. Wash the dog's bedding on a regular basis and apply insecticide to all potentially affected areas.
- Canine Fleas treatment - Vacuum the home thoroughly and regularly - this can remove up to half of indoor fleas.
- To remove fleas from the dog use Flea control sprays for selected areas.
- Wash the dog using a specialised flea shampoo, use Flea collars and a Flea Comb to remove as many as possible.
- Consult your veterinary surgeon for further advice.
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health - Canine Insurance / Pet Health Insurance for Fleas
Pet Insurance for Fleas. Remember canine insurance / pet dogs health insurance for treatment of health and medical problems such as Fleas. Unexpected visits to the vet and veterinary treatments for your dogs and puppies due to illnesses such as Fleas can quickly add up so get quotes for canine health / pet insurance coverage for treatment due to accidents, treatment of illnesses, prescriptions, surgeries and possible hospitalization treatment for your dogs or puppy. Get the best deals for pet insurance from pet insurance comparison websites - make sure you get the best rates for canine health insurance to cover visits to the Vet for the diagnosis and treatment of unexpected ailments such as Fleas.
Disclaimer - Fleas Section of Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health Website
The sole purpose of the Fleas section on the Dog Symptoms and Canine Health website is to act as a reference guide to provide useful information to the owners of dogs and puppies. This article on Fleas is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat sick dogs or as a substitute for obtaining professional veterinary advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your Dog's Health, or problems associated with Fleas, please consult your Canine Veterinary Specialist immediately for professional treatment. Your vet will diagnose whether Fleas is the problem and prescribe appropriate medication and treatment.
Treatment and Symptoms of Fleas
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health