Symptoms of Roundworms
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Roundworms - General Canine Observations
When you are worried about your pet dogs or puppies it is wise to make general observations and a note of your dog's general well-being before considering a health issue and problem such as Roundworms. Overall physical condition? Mental attitude? Appetite? Condition of bowels and urinary apparatus? The nose of healthy dogs or puppies is moist and cool but in sick dogs it is usually hot and dry. Hair loss? Dry skin? Discharges? These general observations are useful to consider whilst checking out the symptoms of Roundworms.
There are several types of parasites that affect dogs apart from Roundworms, dogs can also become infected with Heartworms, Hookworms, Tapeworms or Whipworms.
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Symptoms of Roundworms
Roundworms symptoms may include the following:
- Roundworms symptoms - Anaemia
- Roundworms symptoms - Dry hair
- Roundworms symptoms - Coughing
- Roundworms symptoms - Bloated abdomen in puppys
- Roundworms symptoms - Poor weight gain
- Roundworms symptoms - Apathy
- Roundworms symptoms - Diarrhoea
Treatment and Remedies - Canine Treatment of Roundworms
The remedies and treatment of Roundworms may include the treatment of dogs as follows:
- Canine Roundworms treatment - A veterinary surgeon can prescribe medication to control the Roundworms at six, nine and twelve weeks of age. This will enable the Veterinary surgeon to detect any "Worms" and ensure that your pet is free of dog parasites.
- Canine Roundworms treatment - Medication should be prescribed to treat the Roundworms regardless of whether parasite eggs are detected in the stool of the puppy or bitch. This is because the eggs of the parasites may not have yet developed or are not numerous enough to be detected.
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health - Canine Insurance / Pet Health Insurance for Roundworms
Pet Insurance for Roundworms. Remember canine insurance / pet dogs health insurance for treatment of health and medical problems such as Roundworms. Unexpected visits to the vet and veterinary treatments for your dogs and puppies due to illnesses such as Roundworms can quickly add up so get quotes for canine health / pet insurance coverage for treatment due to accidents, treatment of illnesses, prescriptions, surgeries and possible hospitalization treatment for your dogs or puppy. Get the best deals for pet insurance from pet insurance comparison websites - make sure you get the best rates for canine health insurance to cover visits to the Vet for the diagnosis and treatment of unexpected ailments such as Roundworms.
Disclaimer - Roundworms Section of Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health Website
The sole purpose of the Roundworms section on the Dog Symptoms and Canine Health website is to act as a reference guide to provide useful information to the owners of dogs and puppies. This article on Roundworms is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat sick dogs or as a substitute for obtaining professional veterinary advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your Dog's Health, or problems associated with Roundworms, please consult your Canine Veterinary Specialist immediately for professional treatment. Your vet will diagnose whether Roundworms is the problem and prescribe appropriate medication and treatment.
Treatment and Symptoms of Roundworms
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health