Symptoms of Dog Ringworm
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Dog Ringworm - General Canine Observations
When you are worried about your pet dogs or puppies it is wise to make general observations and a note of your dog's general well-being before considering a health issue and problem such as Dog Ringworm. Overall physical condition? Mental attitude? Appetite? Condition of bowels and urinary apparatus? The nose of healthy dogs or puppies is moist and cool but in sick dogs it is usually hot and dry. Hair loss? Dry skin? Discharges? These general observations are useful to consider whilst checking out the symptoms of Dog Ringworm.
Ringworm is a 'Zoonotic' disease as it can be transferred from animal to human. This only occurs by direct contact with another infected animal or person. It can also passed on from dogs to cats and from pets to humans.
Zoonosis can be described as any infectious disease that can be transmitted from wild or domestic animals to humans. A Zoonotic disease can also be passed from humans to animals and this is referred to as reverse zoonosis but is also sometimes referred to as Anthroponosis. Many serious diseases fall under this category and examples include Rabies, and Lyme disease.
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Symptoms of Dog Ringworm
Dog Ringworm symptoms may include the following:
- Dog Ringworm symptoms - Reddened or inflamed skin
- Dog Ringworm symptoms - Round bald lesion
- Dog Ringworm symptoms - Scaly lesions
- Dog Ringworm symptoms - Hairless patches
- Dog Ringworm symptoms - Hair Loss
Treatment and Remedies - Canine Treatment of Dog Ringworm
The remedies and treatment of Dog Ringworm may include the treatment of dogs as follows:
- Canine Ringworm treatment - Both the dog and the environment need to be treated in order to eradicate this disease.
- Canine Ringworm treatment - Confirmation of the disease by a veterinary surgeon needs to take place and the dog is usually treated with creams, shampoos and medication depending on the individual case.
- Canine Ringworm treatment - It is also advisable to clip the animals hair depending on the length of the dogs fur, this allows the application of cream to be more effective.
- Canine Ringworm treatment - All bedding, kennels and the home environment should be cleaned thoroughly with a bleach based solution. A vaccination exists to prevent ringworm and this is also a recommended treatment.
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health - Canine Insurance / Pet Health Insurance for Dog Ringworm
Pet Insurance for Dog Ringworm. Remember canine insurance / pet dogs health insurance for treatment of health and medical problems such as Dog Ringworm. Unexpected visits to the vet and veterinary treatments for your dogs and puppies due to illnesses such as Dog Ringworm can quickly add up so get quotes for canine health / pet insurance coverage for treatment due to accidents, treatment of illnesses, prescriptions, surgeries and possible hospitalization treatment for your dogs or puppy. Get the best deals for pet insurance from pet insurance comparison websites - make sure you get the best rates for canine health insurance to cover visits to the Vet for the diagnosis and treatment of unexpected ailments such as Dog Ringworm.
Disclaimer - Dog Ringworm Section of Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health Website
The sole purpose of the Dog Ringworm section on the Dog Symptoms and Canine Health website is to act as a reference guide to provide useful information to the owners of dogs and puppies. This article on Dog Ringworm is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat sick dogs or as a substitute for obtaining professional veterinary advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your Dog's Health, or problems associated with Dog Ringworm, please consult your Canine Veterinary Specialist immediately for professional treatment. Your vet will diagnose whether Dog Ringworm is the problem and prescribe appropriate medication and treatment.
Treatment and Symptoms of Dog Ringworm
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health