Symptoms of Dog Flu
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Dog Flu - General Canine Observations
When you are worried about your pet dogs or puppies it is wise to make general observations and a note of your dog's general well-being before considering a health issue and problem such as Dog Flu. Overall physical condition? Mental attitude? Appetite? Condition of bowels and urinary apparatus? The nose of healthy dogs or puppies is moist and cool but in sick dogs it is usually hot and dry. Hair loss? Dry skin? Discharges? These general observations are useful to consider whilst checking out the symptoms of Dog Flu.
The virus was originally detected in horses and it was first discovered in Greyhounds in Florida, USA. Recently a vaccine for the canine influenza virus has been developed in the US but it is not yet part of a dogs routine vaccination program. Dogs who are in constant contact with other dogs, for example Dog shows, parks and boarding kennels are more at risk of developing Dog Flu.
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Symptoms of Dog Flu
Dog Flu symptoms may include the following:
- Dog Flu symptoms - Cough
- Dog Flu symptoms - Nasal Discharge
- Dog Flu symptoms - Fever
- Dog Flu symptoms - Sneezing
Treatment and Remedies - Canine Treatment of Dog Flu
The remedies and treatment of Dog Flu may include the treatment of dogs as follows:
- Canine Flu treatment - Contact your Canine Health Care Professional if the animal has a cough which lasts for more than seven days.
- Canine Flu treatment - It is important to keep the dog away from other animals as this disease is highly contagious.
- Canine Flu treatment - It is advisable not to take the dog for walks in the park or anywhere where it may come into contact with other animals.
- Canine Flu treatment - Once a full examination has taken place and a diagnosis made by your Vet or Canine health care professional then antibiotics are usually the treatment of choice.
- Canine Flu treatment - Unfortunately the vaccination for Kennel Cough will not protect your dog from this disease.
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health - Canine Insurance / Pet Health Insurance for Dog Flu
Pet Insurance for Dog Flu. Remember canine insurance / pet dogs health insurance for treatment of health and medical problems such as Dog Flu. Unexpected visits to the vet and veterinary treatments for your dogs and puppies due to illnesses such as Dog Flu can quickly add up so get quotes for canine health / pet insurance coverage for treatment due to accidents, treatment of illnesses, prescriptions, surgeries and possible hospitalization treatment for your dogs or puppy. Get the best deals for pet insurance from pet insurance comparison websites - make sure you get the best rates for canine health insurance to cover visits to the Vet for the diagnosis and treatment of unexpected ailments such as Dog Flu.
Disclaimer - Dog Flu Section of Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health Website
The sole purpose of the Dog Flu section on the Dog Symptoms and Canine Health website is to act as a reference guide to provide useful information to the owners of dogs and puppies. This article on Dog Flu is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat sick dogs or as a substitute for obtaining professional veterinary advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your Dog's Health, or problems associated with Dog Flu, please consult your Canine Veterinary Specialist immediately for professional treatment. Your vet will diagnose whether Dog Flu is the problem and prescribe appropriate medication and treatment.
Treatment and Symptoms of Dog Flu
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health