Symptoms of Dog Epilepsy
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Dog Epilepsy - General Canine Observations
When you are worried about your pet dogs or puppies it is wise to make general observations and a note of your dog's general well-being before considering a health issue and problem such as Dog Epilepsy. Overall physical condition? Mental attitude? Appetite? Condition of bowels and urinary apparatus? The nose of healthy dogs or puppies is moist and cool but in sick dogs it is usually hot and dry. Hair loss? Dry skin? Discharges? These general observations are useful to consider whilst checking out the symptoms of Dog Epilepsy.
- Seizures usually occur during periods of excitement
- Before a seizure, the dog will show signs of restlessness, will pace and salivate
- During a seizure, the dog will be excited, run in circles, vomit, salivate and finally collapse with uncoordinated muscle motions
- Involuntarily urination and defecation can also occur
- After a seizure, the dog will appear disoriented and uncoordinated
- Temporary blindness might occur
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Symptoms of Dog Epilepsy
Dog Epilepsy symptoms may include the following:
- Dog Epilepsy symptoms - Seizures
- Dog Epilepsy symptoms - Restlessness
- Dog Epilepsy symptoms - Pacing and salivate
- Dog Epilepsy symptoms - Vomiting
- Dog Epilepsy symptoms - Collapses
- Dog Epilepsy symptoms - Involuntarily urination and defecation
- Dog Epilepsy symptoms - Disoriented
- Dog Epilepsy symptoms - Temporary blindness
Treatment and Remedies - Canine Treatment of Dog Epilepsy
The remedies and treatment of Dog Epilepsy may include the treatment of dogs as follows:
- Canine Epilepsy treatment - Seizures are not life threatening unless they continue for several hours, in this instance medical attention should be sought immediately.
- Canine Epilepsy treatment - Canine epilepsy should be confirmed by a veterinary surgeon and can be caused by brain damage, congenital defects, fevers, infections, liver disorders or poisons. Certain medications can also trigger a seizure.
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health - Canine Insurance / Pet Health Insurance for Dog Epilepsy
Pet Insurance for Dog Epilepsy. Remember canine insurance / pet dogs health insurance for treatment of health and medical problems such as Dog Epilepsy. Unexpected visits to the vet and veterinary treatments for your dogs and puppies due to illnesses such as Dog Epilepsy can quickly add up so get quotes for canine health / pet insurance coverage for treatment due to accidents, treatment of illnesses, prescriptions, surgeries and possible hospitalization treatment for your dogs or puppy. Get the best deals for pet insurance from pet insurance comparison websites - make sure you get the best rates for canine health insurance to cover visits to the Vet for the diagnosis and treatment of unexpected ailments such as Dog Epilepsy.
Disclaimer - Dog Epilepsy Section of Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health Website
The sole purpose of the Dog Epilepsy section on the Dog Symptoms and Canine Health website is to act as a reference guide to provide useful information to the owners of dogs and puppies. This article on Dog Epilepsy is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat sick dogs or as a substitute for obtaining professional veterinary advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your Dog's Health, or problems associated with Dog Epilepsy, please consult your Canine Veterinary Specialist immediately for professional treatment. Your vet will diagnose whether Dog Epilepsy is the problem and prescribe appropriate medication and treatment.
Treatment and Symptoms of Dog Epilepsy
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health