Symptoms of Dog Ear Infections
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Dog Ear Infections - General Canine Observations
When you are worried about your pet dogs or puppies it is wise to make general observations and a note of your dog's general well-being before considering a health issue and problem such as Dog Ear Infections. Overall physical condition? Mental attitude? Appetite? Condition of bowels and urinary apparatus? The nose of healthy dogs or puppies is moist and cool but in sick dogs it is usually hot and dry. Hair loss? Dry skin? Discharges? These general observations are useful to consider whilst checking out the symptoms of Dog Ear Infections.
There are several possible causes of Dog Ear Infections which include:
- Self inflicted problems due to excess scratching
- Excess moisture - especially seen in dogs with floppy ears such as spaniels
- Hereditary diseases
- Foreign bodies such as grass seeds
- Parasites such as ear mites
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Symptoms of Dog Ear Infections
Dog Ear Infections symptoms may include the following:
- Dog Ear Infections symptoms - Ear scratching.
- Dog Ear Infections symptoms - Head Shaking.
- Dog Ear Infections symptoms - An unpleasant smell is also a sign of an ear infection.
Treatment and Remedies - Canine Treatment of Dog Ear Infections
The remedies and treatment of Dog Ear Infections may include the treatment of dogs as follows:
- Canine Ear Infections treatment - The treatment for an ear infection - Otitis Externa is usually a course of antibiotics.
- Canine Ear Infections treatment - The cause of the infection must be determined by a veterinary surgeon and no attempt should be made to clean the infected ear as this could make the infection worse.
- Canine Ear Infections treatment - It is important to clean your dogs ears on a weekly basis, regular cleaning can prevent this common problem in dogs.
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health - Canine Insurance / Pet Health Insurance for Dog Ear Infections
Pet Insurance for Dog Ear Infections. Remember canine insurance / pet dogs health insurance for treatment of health and medical problems such as Dog Ear Infections. Unexpected visits to the vet and veterinary treatments for your dogs and puppies due to illnesses such as Dog Ear Infections can quickly add up so get quotes for canine health / pet insurance coverage for treatment due to accidents, treatment of illnesses, prescriptions, surgeries and possible hospitalization treatment for your dogs or puppy. Get the best deals for pet insurance from pet insurance comparison websites - make sure you get the best rates for canine health insurance to cover visits to the Vet for the diagnosis and treatment of unexpected ailments such as Dog Ear Infections.
Disclaimer - Dog Ear Infections Section of Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health Website
The sole purpose of the Dog Ear Infections section on the Dog Symptoms and Canine Health website is to act as a reference guide to provide useful information to the owners of dogs and puppies. This article on Dog Ear Infections is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat sick dogs or as a substitute for obtaining professional veterinary advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your Dog's Health, or problems associated with Dog Ear Infections, please consult your Canine Veterinary Specialist immediately for professional treatment. Your vet will diagnose whether Dog Ear Infections is the problem and prescribe appropriate medication and treatment.
Treatment and Symptoms of Dog Ear Infections
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health