Symptoms of Dog Cushings Disease
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Dog Cushings Disease - General Canine Observations
When you are worried about your pet dogs or puppies it is wise to make general observations and a note of your dog's general well-being before considering a health issue and problem such as Dog Cushings Disease. Overall physical condition? Mental attitude? Appetite? Condition of bowels and urinary apparatus? The nose of healthy dogs or puppies is moist and cool but in sick dogs it is usually hot and dry. Hair loss? Dry skin? Discharges? These general observations are useful to consider whilst checking out the symptoms of Dog Cushings Disease.
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Symptoms of Dog Cushings Disease
Dog Cushings Disease symptoms may include the following:
- Dog Cushings Disease symptoms - High blood pressure
- Dog Cushings Disease symptoms - Hair loss
- Dog Cushings Disease symptoms - Skin lumps
- Dog Cushings Disease symptoms - Increased drinking
- Dog Cushings Disease symptoms - Panting
- Dog Cushings Disease symptoms - Thirst
Treatment and Remedies - Canine Treatment of Dog Cushings Disease
The remedies and treatment of Dog Cushing's Disease may include the treatment of dogs as follows:
- Canine Cushings Disease treatment - The disease can be diagnosed by blood tests carried out by a veterinary surgeon.
- Canine Cushings Disease treatment - The blood test will identify if the disease is caused by a tumour of the pituitary or adrenal gland.
- Canine Cushings Disease treatment - Unfortunately 85 percent of cases are caused by pituitary tumours which cannot be cured but can be treated with medication.
- Canine Cushings Disease treatment - If the tumour is found to be an Adrenal gland tumour it can usually be surgically removed.
- Canine Cushings Disease treatment - If left untreated the disease can lead to liver and kidney failure, diabetes and heart failure which are life-threatening.
- Canine Cushings Disease treatment - Cushing's disease can also cause infections of the eyes, bladder or skin.
- Canine Cushings Disease treatment - Most cases of Cushing's disease can be treated with medication so it is advisable to contact your Canine Health Care Professional or Veterinary Surgeon as soon as possible.
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health - Canine Insurance / Pet Health Insurance for Dog Cushings Disease
Pet Insurance for Dog Cushing's Disease. Remember canine insurance / pet dogs health insurance for treatment of health and medical problems such as Dog Cushings Disease. Unexpected visits to the vet and veterinary treatments for your dogs and puppies due to illnesses such as Dog Cushing's Disease can quickly add up so get quotes for canine health / pet insurance coverage for treatment due to accidents, treatment of illnesses, prescriptions, surgeries and possible hospitalization treatment for your dogs or puppy. Get the best deals for pet insurance from pet insurance comparison websites - make sure you get the best rates for canine health insurance to cover visits to the Vet for the diagnosis and treatment of unexpected ailments such as Dog Cushings Disease.
Disclaimer - Dog Cushings Disease Section of Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health Website
The sole purpose of the Dog Cushings Disease section on the Dog Symptoms and Canine Health website is to act as a reference guide to provide useful information to the owners of dogs and puppies. This article on Dog Cushings Disease is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat sick dogs or as a substitute for obtaining professional veterinary advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your Dog's Health, or problems associated with Dog Cushings Disease, please consult your Canine Veterinary Specialist immediately for professional treatment. Your vet will diagnose whether Dog Cushings Disease is the problem and prescribe appropriate medication and treatment.
Treatment and Symptoms of Dog Cushings Disease
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health