Symptoms of Dog Constipation
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Dog Constipation - General Canine Observations
When you are worried about your pet dogs or puppies it is wise to make general observations and a note of your dog's general well-being before considering a health issue and problem such as Dog Constipation. Overall physical condition? Mental attitude? Appetite? Condition of bowels and urinary apparatus? The nose of healthy dogs or puppies is moist and cool but in sick dogs it is usually hot and dry. Hair loss? Dry skin? Discharges? These general observations are useful to consider whilst checking out the symptoms of Dog Constipation.
If there are symptoms such as loss of appetite and lethargy accompanying the constipation it is vital the dog is examined as soon as possible. Dogs can become dehydrated very quickly and fluid replacement may be required. Ensure the dog has access to fresh clean water to prevent dehydration.
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Symptoms of Dog Constipation
Dog Constipation symptoms may include the following:
- Dog Constipation symptoms - Inability to pass faeces over a period of several days.
- Dog Constipation symptoms - Frequent attempts to defecate without producing.
- Dog Constipation symptoms - Faeces that are they are voided with effort and pain, producing dry, small and hard faeces.
- Dog Constipation symptoms - At first the dogs appetite is slightly reduced but if left untreated it can be suppressed.
- Dog Constipation symptoms - The dogs abdomen may be distended with gas, but more often it is tucked up and hard.
- Dog Constipation symptoms - The dog seems depressed and may have colicky pains.
Treatment and Remedies - Canine Treatment of Dog Constipation
The remedies and treatment of Dog Constipation may include the treatment of dogs as follows:
- Canine Constipation treatment - Change of diet is important, more vegetables should be added to the dogs diet.
- Canine Constipation treatment - Regular feeding times and proper exercise is essential. From time to time most dogs will suffer constipation, there is no breed in particular which is more susceptible.
- Canine Constipation treatment - Liquid paraffin is the first aid treatment for canine constipation.
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health - Canine Insurance / Pet Health Insurance for Dog Constipation
Pet Insurance for Dog Constipation. Remember canine insurance / pet dogs health insurance for treatment of health and medical problems such as Dog Constipation. Unexpected visits to the vet and veterinary treatments for your dogs and puppies due to illnesses such as Dog Constipation can quickly add up so get quotes for canine health / pet insurance coverage for treatment due to accidents, treatment of illnesses, prescriptions, surgeries and possible hospitalization treatment for your dogs or puppy. Get the best deals for pet insurance from pet insurance comparison websites - make sure you get the best rates for canine health insurance to cover visits to the Vet for the diagnosis and treatment of unexpected ailments such as Dog Constipation.
Disclaimer - Dog Constipation Section of Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health Website
The sole purpose of the Dog Constipation section on the Dog Symptoms and Canine Health website is to act as a reference guide to provide useful information to the owners of dogs and puppies. This article on Dog Constipation is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat sick dogs or as a substitute for obtaining professional veterinary advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your Dog's Health, or problems associated with Dog Constipation, please consult your Canine Veterinary Specialist immediately for professional treatment. Your vet will diagnose whether Dog Constipation is the problem and prescribe appropriate medication and treatment.
Treatment and Symptoms of Dog Constipation
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health