Symptoms of Dog Cherry Eye
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Dog Cherry Eye - General Canine Observations
When you are worried about your pet dogs or puppies it is wise to make general observations and a note of your dog's general well-being before considering a health issue and problem such as Dog Cherry Eye. Overall physical condition? Mental attitude? Appetite? Condition of bowels and urinary apparatus? The nose of healthy dogs or puppies is moist and cool but in sick dogs it is usually hot and dry. Hair loss? Dry skin? Discharges? These general observations are useful to consider whilst checking out the symptoms of Dog Cherry Eye.
Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health - Symptoms of Dog Cherry Eye
Dog Cherry Eye symptoms may include the following:
- Dog Cherry Eye symptoms - Pink or Black "flap" at the inner corner of a dog's eye
Treatment and Remedies - Canine Treatment of Dog Cherry Eye
The remedies and treatment of Dog Cherry Eye may include the treatment of dogs as follows:
- Canine Cherry Eye treatment - Surgery is usually the solution for Cherry eye and the gland is normally removed.
- Canine Cherry Eye treatment - Care needs to be taken that the tear ducts are not damaged as this could result in dry eye (known medically as keratoconjunctivitis sicca).
- Canine Cherry Eye treatment - Your veterinary surgeon may be able to manipulate the gland back into its normal position and suture it into place. If the eyelid is not sutured then it will often just prolapse again. This procedure is straightforward and can be carried out by your veterinary surgeon.
- Canine Cherry Eye treatment - Antibiotics may be prescribed once the procedure is complete to prevent any infection. Eye drops may also be prescribed but these will just deal with the infection and not remove the appearance of the 'cherry'.
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health - Canine Insurance / Pet Health Insurance for Dog Cherry Eye
Pet Insurance for Dog Cherry Eye. Remember canine insurance / pet dogs health insurance for treatment of health and medical problems such as Dog Cherry Eye. Unexpected visits to the vet and veterinary treatments for your dogs and puppies due to illnesses such as Dog Cherry Eye can quickly add up so get quotes for canine health / pet insurance coverage for treatment due to accidents, treatment of illnesses, prescriptions, surgeries and possible hospitalization treatment for your dogs or puppy. Get the best deals for pet insurance from pet insurance comparison websites - make sure you get the best rates for canine health insurance to cover visits to the Vet for the diagnosis and treatment of unexpected ailments such as Dog Cherry Eye.
Disclaimer - Dog Cherry Eye Section of Dogs Symptoms and Canine Health Website
The sole purpose of the Dog Cherry Eye section on the Dog Symptoms and Canine Health website is to act as a reference guide to provide useful information to the owners of dogs and puppies. This article on Dog Cherry Eye is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat sick dogs or as a substitute for obtaining professional veterinary advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your Dog's Health, or problems associated with Dog Cherry Eye, please consult your Canine Veterinary Specialist immediately for professional treatment. Your vet will diagnose whether Dog Cherry Eye is the problem and prescribe appropriate medication and treatment.
Treatment and Symptoms of Dog Cherry Eye
Dog Symptoms and Canine Health